Thursday, April 11, 2013

Snow Day Activities

Snow Day (Week) Activities 
 
If you're like me, I bet you're starting to get a little bored at home with our 4th snow day in a row. I know you can't wait to get back to school on Monday and get right back in the swing of things! In the meantime, I have a couple of assignments you could do for fun if you need something to do.

1. Create a 30-second Animoto about our recent ice/snow storm. You can take pictures in your neighborhood or download some from a search engine on the internet. I just typed in "Sioux Falls Ice Storm" and I got hundreds of pictures. Check out my Animoto below for an example. I sent Mom and Dad the username and password if you forgot. 


2. Write a new post on your KidBlog entitled - School Rule Change. The principal and teachers make a lot of school rules. Some are to keep you safe, while others help make sure that our day runs smoothly. If you could change one school rule, what would it be? Why do you want to change it? Make sure to write in complete sentences. You can add a picture or change the font if you'd like. 

3. Invite your classmates to collaborate on a Storybird. You can pick the topic and your friend! Publish your Storybird under the assignment titled "Snow Day Story".